The Academies Collaborative is a national forum for health professions teaching academies and similar organizations.
Mission: The Academies Collaborative fosters and champions teaching academies and similar organizations to develop and recognize educators’ excellence in the health professions.
Vision: To become a national community of academies that drives institutional commitment to educators and excellence in teaching in the health professions.
Goals: To achieve this vision, we will:
- Provide a mechanism for academies to share information about function, structure and best practices.
- Establish an advising system among academy members.
- Facilitate collaboration on academy conferences or institutional initiatives.
- Foster multi-institutional educational research, especially research designed to investigate the effectiveness or outcomes of academies or their initiatives.
- Recognize and celebrate successes of individual academies.